Oooooh, Gymboree is having a Labor Day Sale with 20% off, plus it's Gymbuck Earning time!!! Who was supposed to water the money tree? It's dying in the back yard!! LOL
Thursday, August 31, 2006
I feel like I'm always running a day behind LOL Today is my busy day at work, I need to go to Walmart and get last minute school supplies, food to make one of those recipes I posted yesterday and then we havea Stephanie's Meet Your Teacher BBQ tonight. Hmmm, hope I can get it all done! LOL
Posted by Kelli at 7:32 AM
3x Thursday: 08/31/y2k+6: Activities
1. What's your favorite thing to do? Spend time with the family at Disney (well, anyplace actually ;) ) Why? Cause I them!
2. What do you do when you're bored? Ha! Who has time to be bored?
3. What do you do when you're lonley? Go online and talk to friends
Bonus Question for Comments: What's your favorite genre of book to read? Why? Romance/Mysteries
Posted by Kelli at 7:27 AM
Wednesday, August 30, 2006
What is the show you are most looking forward to coming back this fall? I love The O.C. I'm also looking forward to the season premiere of The Biggest Loser along with Grey's Anatomy , Desperate Housewives , and House .
Here are some House-isms. I love that show!
“I always say if you’re going to get shot, do it in a hospital.”
“Gotta hand it to Foreman, though. He knew you were a suck up and I don’t give a crap. He successfully exploited us both.”
“Why do you wanna sleep on a couch anyway? You got money. At least until the divorce is finalized.”
Cameron – “Could pain medication cause an orgasm?”
House – “I wish.”
Posted by Kelli at 9:04 PM
Last one I'll post LOL I forgot about Lemon Bars! They're one of my favorites!
by Michelle Jones
These delicious bars are perfect for summer and any time of the year, but especially for anyone who likes a tangy lemon flavoring. Add a light dusting of powdered sugar on top and watch how fast they disappear!
* * *
1 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 c. butter
1/4 c. granulated sugar or powdered sugar
Beat butter and sugar together until fluffy, then stir in flour until blended well. Press dough into greased 8x8 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 c. granulated sugar
2-3 T. lemon juice
Dash of grated lemon rind
2 T. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
Beat filling ingredients together until smooth, then spread on top of warm crust. Return to 350 degree oven and bake for another 25-30 minutes until edges begin to turn a golden brown.
Cool. Dust with powdered sugar and cut into squares.
Posted by Kelli at 5:25 PM
These sound yummy too!
Kit Kat Bars
Kit Kat® Bars
Submitted by: Dee
"These bars are similar to the Kit Kat® candy bar."
Original recipe yield: 2 dozen.
* 80 buttery round crackers
* 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
* 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
* 1 cup white sugar
* 3/4 cup butter
* 1/3 cup milk
* 1 cup butterscotch chips
* 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
* 3/4 cup peanut butter
1. Put graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, white sugar, butter and milk into a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes.
2. Put a layer of buttery round crackers in a 9x13 inch pan and pour 1/2 of the graham cracker crumb mixture over it. Put another layer of crackers and pour the remaining mixture. Add last row of crackers.
3. To Make Topping: Melt over low heat the butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, and peanut butter. Melt at low heat and spread over the top.
Posted by Kelli at 5:16 PM
These sound good and I bet the kids would love them!!
Oreo Party Pops
Oreo® Party Pops
20 popsicle or lollipop sticks
20 Oreo Double Stuff® cookies
1 12-ounce package of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 T. vegetable oil
Chopped nuts, colored sprinkles or miniature candies like M&M's® or Reeses Pieces®
* To form Oreo® Pops, insert popsicle sticks into the cream center of each cookie. Set aside.
* In a small saucepan over low heat, combine chocolate and oil until melted and smooth, stirring constantly.
* Dip each cookie into the melted chocolate, coating evenly. Place dipped cookies on waxed paper and decorate with chopped nuts, sprinkles or candies.
* Leave cookies on waxed paper until completely set, then wrap in plastic wrap and tie with a bow for gift-giving.
Makes 20 Oreo® Pops
Posted by Kelli at 4:52 PM
Are you more...
01) A fan of Michael Keaton in Batman or a fan of Michael Keaton in Johnny Dangerously? Don't think I've seen JD so I'll go with Batman
02) Gol-durn tootin' fer sure not to swear even when you could or god-damned well going to swear when appropriate, for fuck's sake? Try not to
03) The bug or the windshield? Windshield
04) Likely to shed a tear at a sad movie or likely to shed a tear at a sad song? Both! LOL
05) Boris Badinov or Rocky the Flying Squirrel? Rocky
06) A blistering hot, cloudless day or a rainy, overcast, coolish day? Overcast, coolish
07) Likely to go out for haute cuisine or likely to go out for diner food? Diner food!
08) Always ready to expand your paradigm at a moment's notice or cozily mired in the way things are and you want them to STAY that way? Stay
09) Likely to eat a salad that you aren't sure what's all in it or likely to eat a grilled tofu substitute for a meat you like? Grilled Tofu
10) Saucy or bland? Saucy!!
Posted by Kelli at 4:08 PM
Anyone watching Big Brother? Sunday nights episode with Will and the camera were cracking us up! Who do you think will ultimately win?? Janelle drives me nuts, but she's a damn good player! I can't believe Will and Boogie have pulled off what they have so far. I mean, someone's gotta take them down at some point. If not they damn well deserve to win the game!
Posted by Kelli at 3:50 PM
Tuesday, August 29, 2006
Monday, August 28, 2006
Tonight I was cleaning. Ok, get up off the floor now, I didn't mean to surprise you. ;) For some reason Kaelyn's school lunch bag was on the table. I picked it up and it was heavy. I know I told her a LONG time ago to empty it. You know where this is going, don't you?
I took out the ice things and took out the Tupperware sandwich box, opened it up and POOF in my face was a cloud of green smoke. BLECH! There was a full sandwich in there.
Stephanie later asked if Kaelyn put something hot in there because of the "steam" that came out. LOL You'll all be happy to know that the sandwich, Tupperware and all, is in the outside garbage can.
Posted by Kelli at 10:19 PM